MindSpring’s Favorite Holiday Traditions – and the Ways We’re Still Celebrating in 2020by MindSpring Partners on December 17, 2020 in MindSpring News
At MindSpring, we love a good party and we never miss the chance to celebrate with our clients, candidates, and colleagues. Of course, like most of 2020, our holiday celebrations are looking a little different this year.
In more normal times, the MindSpring team would be delivering holiday gifts to thank our partners for their continued support. This year, in lieu of gifts, we’ll be making a donation to the Greater Chicago Food Depository on behalf of the entire MindSpring family, internal and external. We may not have been able to gather to share a meal this year, but we can help support food security within our Chicago community.
Our Favorite Holiday Traditions
MindSpringers love to celebrate the holidays in their own unique ways with family and friends. Here are a few of our favorite holiday traditions shared by the MindSpring team:
- “I grew up on a Christmas tree farm and every year I’ve returned home to help my family at the holidays. I always enjoy watching people select their Christmas trees and I love being a small part of their holiday celebrations. (And yes, I know this sounds like the plot of a Hallmark movie.)”
- “My family’s holiday tradition is sitting around the table after dinner, sipping whiskey sours, and sharing our best moments and memories from the year. Even in a year like this, it’s nice to take time and remember what we have to be thankful for.”
- “A few cousins and I always get together at my aunt’s house for a cooking lesson during the holidays. She teaches us how to make our family’s traditional recipes. I’m grateful we’re keeping our family flavors and traditions alive.”
- “Christmas at my house is an all-day affair. Every year we welcome a parade of family, friends, and neighbors to our home. I’ll miss seeing everyone this year.”
- “I decorate cookies with my niece during the holidays. It’s our own little tradition.”
- “I love popping Christmas crackers with my family when we celebrate the holiday. You never know what little surprises, gifts, and treats you’ll find inside.”
MindSpring’s 2020 Celebrations
The pandemic changed a lot this year and even though our holidays festivities are looking different, the MindSpring team is still celebrating as a group and on our own. Here’s a few of the ways we’re making the holidays merry and bright:
- A remote Secret Santa gift exchange with the whole MindSpring team
- Going all out on the at-home holiday decorations and showing them off on our Zoom calls
- Taking a driving tour of the festive Chicago neighborhoods all brightly lit and decorated
- Virtual holiday happy hours with coworkers, family, and friends
It’s been quite the year and, despite the challenges, we’re proud of our team and the work we’ve done. Thank you for your continued support and partnership this year – it’s meant so much. We’re already looking forward to the placements and parties 2021 will bring…
From the MindSpring family to yours, we wish you a happy holiday and a wonderful new year!